- What information do MedsNow collect?
We collect the following information:
- registration information including name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, profile picture and NHS number
- the website automatically collects your activity data including IP address
- Account sign in information including your password and login details
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Health information related to filling out online medical consultations including your medical history, prescriptions, allergies, height, weight and other important information discussed between you and the independent prescribing pharmacist recorded through the platform, messaging, notes, video and telephone
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, offers, reporting a problem or submitting comments and queries
- Identification and proof of address
- Details of any transactions made by you on www.medsnow.co.uk including payments
- For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section
- How is the information collected?
The information MedsNow collects is totally at the discretion of the user who remains in control of what information is submitted at all times. On occasion, we may request further details and information if we feel necessary. The information we may request is collected by the user providing it to us. Any information we request will be able to be added via a user's MedsNow online account.
- Who is collecting the information?
Any information a user provides us with will only be collected and used by employees of MedsNow only.
- Why is the information being collected?
We collect different information for different reasons.
- The address provided may be used to verify the card being used to make payment is registered and not fraudulent.
- Further, medical information collected will be used to assess and make clinical decisions where applicable. All information collected will be used for internal purposes only, unless we have been given permission to do so otherwise.
- Information such as date of birth and name may be used to verify a user's identity.
- The information provided to us is verified automatically by a licensed agency in the event the information provided regarding identity cannot be verified, we may ask you to provide further documentation e.g. copy of a passport and proof of address.
- As we are regulated under UK law and industry regulations, there are occasions when we may ask you to provide identification to prove who you are as well as a proof of address to prove where you live.
- How will the information we gather be used?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided which you will have voluntarily opted in on to receive.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Identification and proof of address documents are uploaded and safely stored in your account and kept on file for audit purposes as long as your account remains active.
We process your personal data, which includes your name, contact details, prescription medicines, and data from other pharmacy and health care services we provide to you (including, for example, pharmacy medicines, medicine use reviews, flu vaccinations and stop smoking services) for the purposes of
Your care providing pharmacy services by offering clinical support if required.
We hold your information for as long as advised by the ICO. You have a right to a copy of the information we hold about you, generally without charge. You may seek to correct any inaccurate information.
For further details please ask our Data Protection Officer for Enimed Ltd (TA MedsNow) is Kunal Patel. Please e-mail: [email protected] for further information.
Our Clinical specialists and their staff are members of your local healthcare team. They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare and advice. To do this they need to keep records about you, your health, and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you. We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest for the provision of healthcare and treatment. Our staff and pharmacy team are responsible for the confidentiality of your information.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and the management of healthcare systems. Our staff are responsible for the confidentiality of your information. You may object to us holding your information.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Please ask if you want more information.
- How do we seek consent?
To register to receive e-mail's from us, there is a non-prepopulated tick box upon signing, which can be ticked should a user registering wish to receive e-mails from MedsNow. In order to receive e-mails from us, a positive opt-in is required here.
- How to withdraw consent?
To withdraw consent for MedsNow to contact you by e-mail please either use the 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail: [email protected] stating your request.
If a patient request for their account to be closed, any ID or proof of address provided will be permanently deleted immediately
- Information Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) registration number is: ZA861372.
- Your Rights
You have the right to confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation and the General Data Protection Act 2018 and the common law duty of confidence.
We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidential Information and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional standards to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential. Our guiding principle is that we process your records in strict confidence.
10. Your right to view the details we hold on you
You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you (generally in paper or electronic form).
Generally, there will be no charge for a printed copy of the information we hold about you. We are required to respond to your request within one month.
You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address, and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example, a passport, full driving license or credit/debit card before any information is released to you. If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
You may object to us holding your information. You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
The Data Protection Officer for Enimed Ltd (TA MedsNow) is Kunal Patel: [email protected]
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
16. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
17. Controlling your personal information and opting out
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
18. Who will your information be shared with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
19. Can I request the information MedsNow hold about me?
List of cookies we collect
CART - The association with your shopping cart.
CATEGORY_INFO - Stores the category info on the page, which allows MedsNow to display pages more quickly.
COMPARE - The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCY - Your preferred currency
CUSTOMER - An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTH - An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFO - An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS - Stores the Customer Segment ID
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE - A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTEND - You session ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW - Allows guests to edit their orders.
LAST_CATEGORY - The last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCT - The most recent product you have viewed.
NEWMESSAGE - Indicates whether a new message has been received.
NO_CACHE - Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART - A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLL - The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLN - Information on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPARED - The items that you have recently compared.
STF - Information on products you have emailed to friends.
STORE - The store view or language you have selected.
VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS - products that you have recently viewed.
WISHLIST - An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
WISHLIST_CNT - The number of items in your Wishlist
COOKIE_PRIVACY_HIDE - Remembers when the user has already seen the cookie privacy warning
Used by Google Analytics to collect visitor statistics anonymously